Following the opening weekend Drew & KB's Tournament of Things which saw top seeds fall and other surprises, we move on to the Sweet Sixteen with some very compelling matchups. Here are the key matchups for this weekends games:
East Region Semi-Finals - (Friday in Algoma)
- Brandy Old Fashioned (1) vs. Aaron Rodgers (4)
- Summerfest (2) vs. Tailgating (6)
West Region Semi-Finals (Friday in Hudson)
- Lambeau Field (1) vs. Kwik-Trip (5)
- Miller Park (6) vs. Fish Fry (2)
Midwest Region Semi-Finals (Saturday in Mattoon)
- Harley-Davidson (1) vs. State Fair (4)
- Wisconsin Dells (3) vs. Cheese Curds (2)
South Region Semi-Finals (Saturday in Burlington)
- Bob Uecker (1) vs. Bratwurst (4)
- Miller Coors (3) vs. Supper Clubs (2)
KB's Regional Analysis
There's a reason Brandy-Old Fashioned is the #1 Overall Seed. They have yet to be challenged and expect that to continue as reigning NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers doesn't have the supporting cast to beat this blue blood power house. Game 2 pits Summerfest against Tailgating and there could be an upset brewing as the multi-dimensional Tailgating offense could be too much for Summerfest to handle.
- Regional Final Brandy Old Fashioned vs. Tailgating
- My Final Four Pick: Brandy Old Fashioned
Bob Uecker should dispose of Bratwurst handily. The Brat is a one dimensional team and Bob Uecker is...well... Bob Uecker. The tight game will come in the lower part of the bracket where #2 Supper Clubs will face a very tough MillerCoors squad whose deep bench is a difference maker, but not this time.
- Regional Final Bob Uecker vs. Supper Clubs
- My Final Four Pick: Bob Uecker
The Midwest Region is chalk and it's going to stay that way heading into the Elite Eight. Harley should have no problem with State Fair and Cheese Curds will roll over Wisconsin Dells setting up a Harley/Cheese Curds 1 vs 2 Final.
- Regional Final Harley-Davidson vs Cheese Curds
- My Final Four Pick Cheese Curds
Newcomer Kwik-Trip will be a force for. years to come, but right now they don't have the firepower to take down #1 seeded Lambeau Field. The same holds true in the bottom half of the bracket. Miller Park's name change will work against them and Fish Fry will move on to the regional final without worry.
- Regional Final Lambeau Field vs. Fish Fry
- My Final Four Pick: Fish Fry
This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting second weekends in tournament history. Unfortunately, attendance at the Final Four in Omro will be limited to school officials and family. But if you're lucky enough to be in Omro Fieldhouse and my predictions come true, you'll be talking about this Brandy Old-Fashioned, Bob Uecker, Cheese Curds, Fish Fry Final Four for years to come.