Whenever there's a survey on the HAPPIEST countries in the world, Denmark usually comes out on top . . . and one of the main reasons is that philosophy of low expectations.
There are 10 cultural rules called "Jante Law" that they try to live their life by and, basically, those rules set them up to expect life to be totally average.
That way, they're happy when things go well and not too sad when they don't.
Here are the 10 rules of Jante Law . . .
1. Don't think you are anything special.
2. Don't think you're as good as other people are.
3. Don't think you're smarter than other people are.
4. Don't convince yourself you're better than other people.
5. Don't think you know more than other people do.
6. Don't think you're more important than you are.
7. Don't think you're good at anything.
8. Don't laugh at other people.
9. Don't think anyone cares about you.
10. Don't think you can teach anyone anything.